Use and Restrictions
You must not, directly or indirectly, print, copy, reproduce, save onto your own computer, modify, translate, merge with other data, frame in another website, post on another website, or otherwise use the Content for any public, commercial or non-personal purpose. You must not, directly or indirectly, display, post, disseminate, distribute, publish, broadcast, transfer, sell or sublicense the Content to another individual or entity. The prohibited uses expressly include but are not limited to “screen scraping”, “database scraping”, and any other activity intended to collect, store, reorganize, summarize, or manipulate any Content (whether via an automatic program or a manual process).
The Website and the Content are made available to You for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, assessment, and evaluation. The Website and the Content should not be relied upon as the sole basis for making a real estate purchase or selling decision.
CENTURY 21, its franchisees, brokers and sales people are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for the accuracy, relevancy, completeness or timeliness of the Content. You agree that all risk associated with your use of, or reliance on, any Content rests with You. You further agree that CENTURY 21, its franchisees, brokers and sales people shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your use of, or reliance on, any Content.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and all of the Content (including the organization and layout of the Website and all software used in connection with the Website) are, and at all times remain, the property of CENTURY 21, its franchisees, brokers, sales people and/or licensors. The Website and all of the Content are protected by intellectual property rights owned by CENTURY 21, its franchisees, brokers, sales people and/or licensors. You agree to abide by all intellectual property notices, information and restrictions on, or displayed with, the Content. Note that any Content owned by CENTURY 21’s franchisees, brokers, sales people, or licensors may be subject to additional restrictions.
Certain names, graphics, logos, icons, designs, words, titles, and phrases on the Website constitute trademarks (whether registered or unregistered), trade names, or other intellectual property of CENTURY 21, its franchisees, brokers, sales people (the “CENTURY 21 IP”), or third parties (the “Third Party IP”). CENTURY 21, its franchisees, brokers, or sales people are, and at all times remain, the sole owner of the CENTURY 21 IP.
The display of the Content, the CENTURY 21 IP, and the Third Party IP on the Website does not convey or create any licence or other rights in any of the Content, the CENTURY 21 IP or the Third Party IP. You acknowledge and agree that You do not acquire:
- any ownership rights in any of the Content, the CENTURY 21 IP or the Third Party IP;
- any right to use any of the Content, the CENTURY 21 IP or the Third Party IP for commercial purposes including sale, resale, license, or sublicense; or
- any right to reproduce, distribute, display, post, disseminate, publish, broadcast, or transfer any of the Content, the CENTURY 21 IP or the Third Party IP.
Use of any of the Content, the CENTURY 21 IP or the Third Party IP, without the prior written consent of CENTURY 21, or the applicable franchisee, broker, sales person, licensor or third party, is strictly prohibited.
Third Party Websites and Content Linked to the Website
The Website may contain links to third-party websites or content posted on third-party websites (the “Links”). CENTURY 21 provides the Links only as a convenience to help You identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest.
You acknowledge that in providing the Links CENTURY 21:
- does not endorse any third-party website or content accessible via the Links;
- does not act as an editor, publisher, or disseminator of any content accessible via the Links and does not control or monitor any third party website;
- does not make any representation or warranty of any kind regarding the Links;
- is not responsible, directly or indirectly, in any way for the accuracy, relevancy, completeness, timeliness, or legality of any content accessible via the Links; and,
- is not responsible, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your use of, or reliance on, any of the Links.
You agree that You are solely responsible for:
- taking all protective measures to guard against viruses and other destructive elements;
- abiding by the terms and conditions of use and the privacy policies posted at the third-party websites; and,
- evaluating the content accessible via the Links and bearing all risks associated with your use of, and reliance on, any such content.
Links to the Website on Third-Party Websites
If You want to include a link to the Website on your website (the “Third Party Link”), You must:
- provide CENTURY 21 with prior written notice describing the nature and features of your website and the proposed appearance and location of the Third Party Link; and,
- obtain the prior written consent of CENTURY 21 to establish the Third Party Link and abide by any terms and conditions required by CENTURY 21 as part of its consent.
CENTURY 21 may at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, revoke its consent to establish a Third Party Link, with or without cause, upon reasonable notice to You. Upon exercise of this right by CENTURY 21, You must immediately remove all of your links to the Website and must cease all use of the CENTURY 21 IP. If You refuse or neglect to remove all of your links to the Website or to cease using the IP, You acknowledge that such refusal or neglect will result in immediate and irreparable damage to CENTURY 21 and that CENTURY 21 shall be entitled to relief in the way of temporary and permanent injunctions and such other and further relief as a court may deem just and proper.
CENTURY 21 is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any content available on a third-party website that has established a link to the Website.
Registration, Account, and Password
Certain Content on the Website may require registration or subscription. Should You choose to register or subscribe for any such Content, You agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself as required by the relevant registration or subscription process and to promptly update such information as necessary to ensure that it is kept accurate and complete.
You agree to be responsible for:
- maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords or other account identifiers which You choose or are assigned as a result of any registration or subscription process; and,
- all activities that occur under your account or password.
You further agree to:
- notify CENTURY 21 immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account; and,
- ensure that You log out of your account and close your browser window upon completing your use of the Website.
Content Supplied by Users
The Website may provide various services that permit You and other users to submit, upload, post, or otherwise make available, and/or store, Content on the Website and that may or may not be viewed by You or other users.
You agree not to post and/or store any Content on the Website that:
- defames, libels, abuses, harasses, threatens, or otherwise violates the legal rights of third parties;
- is protected by intellectual property rights owned by third parties without the express permission from the owner or rights holder;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information from any user;
- contains a virus or other harmful component or creates a virus or other harmful component;
- impersonates another individual or entity or implies an affiliation with, or endorsement by, CENTURY 21, its franchisees, brokers or sales people;
- contains advertising or which engages in commercial activities and/or sales; or,
- disseminates promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
You agree not to assert any ownership right of any kind in your communications and Content (including, without limitation, copyright, trade-mark, patent, unfair competition, moral rights, or implied contract). You hereby waive the right to receive any financial or other consideration in connection with your communications and Content including, without limitation, acknowledgment of You as the source of such communications and Content.
You acknowledge that You, not CENTURY 21, have full responsibility for your communications and Content including but not limited to, its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright ownership. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, damages, and any other monies owing any third party by reason of any posting and/or storage of Content by You on the Website.
CENTURY 21 may investigate, review, or monitor Content that is posted and/or stored on the Website. However, CENTURY 21 is under no obligation to do so and will not assume liability or responsibility for any Content posted and/or stored by users on the Website. CENTURY 21 has the right to refuse, move or remove any Content that is posted and/or stored by users on the Website without notice, without cause, and for any reason. CENTURY 21 may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at CENTURY 21’s discretion, CENTURY 21 will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on the Website.
You expressly understand and agree that:
- The Content and the Links are provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as professional advice or as a guarantee or warranty in respect of a real estate purchase or sale.
- The Website, the Contents and the Links are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis.
- Any use of, or reliance on, the Website, the Contents and/or the Links is at your sole risk.
- CENTURY 21, ITS FRANCHISEES, BROKERS, AND SALES PEOPLE DO NOT MAKE ANY, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, COVENANTS AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT AND/OR THE LINKS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION:
- WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT;
- IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND SUITABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE;
- WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE USEFUL OR MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE OF DEFECTS, COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE;
- WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS AS TO PRIVACY OR SECURITY; AND,
- WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING FROM ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT OR THE LINKS.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL CENTURY 21, ANY OF ITS FRANCHISEES, BROKERS, SALES PEOPLE, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OR LICENSORS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL BASIS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR ANY INCONVENIENCE, DELAY OR LOSS OF USE OF OR ACCESS TO, THE WEBSITE, ANY CONTENT OR ANY LINKS OR FAILURE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN THE WEBSITE, ANY CONTENT OR ANY LINKS OR THE TRANSMISSION OF CONFIDENTIAL OR SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS). THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF THE PARTY LIABLE OR ALLEGEDLY LIABLE HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS OR IF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE WAS FORESEEABLE.
You represent and warrant that:
- You are an individual and over the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which You are resident.
- You are using the Website in a jurisdiction where access to, or use of, the Website (or any part thereof) is not prohibited or illegal.
- The posting and/or storage of your Content on the Website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, trademark rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other rights of any third party.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of CENTURY 21, its franchisees, brokers, sales people, affiliates, subsidiaries, and licensors and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including all third parties mentioned on the Website, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from or related to, or alleged to result from or relate to:
- your access to, use of or reliance on the Website and/or any of the Content, and/or any of the Links; or,
- your communications or dealings with any third parties mentioned on the Website.
Changes to the Website
CENTURY 21 may, at any time without notice or liability, and for any reason whatsoever, change, suspend or terminate any aspect of the Website including, without limitation, any of the Content and any of the Links. CENTURY 21 reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Website at any time without notice or liability, but does not have a duty to do so.
Choice of Law
You agree that all matters relating to the use of the Website, including without limitation, any of the Content and/or any of the Links shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to conflict of law principles. CENTURY 21 and You each agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta and to waive any objections based upon venue.
You acknowledge and agree that CENTURY 21 may, at any time without notice, in its sole and absolute discretion and without cause, suspend or terminate:
- your use of, or access to, the Website including, without limitation, any of the Content and/or any of the Links; or,
- any of your registrations or subscriptions with the Website.
Upon suspension or termination, CENTURY 21 may remove and discard any Content related to You or your use of the Website, and You must discard any link You maintain from your website to the Website. You agree that CENTURY 21 will not be liable to You or any other individual or entity as a result of any such suspension or termination.